The Library of Greystone
This library is located in the Circle of Magi Acropolis Arcanum and operated by that organization. It is divided into across seven levels.
- The first and second floors are the only two above ground and contain non-magical tomes on a wide variety of subjects. Anyone may enter these floors and spend 1d4 hours in the library to take 20 on any trained Knowledge check. It also contains information necessary to anyone wishing to train in a new Knowledge skill. The head librarian is Mrs. Professor Zweigstein.
- The third level is accessed by a guarded staircase on the first floor. Permission must be given by the Circle of Magi to enter because it contains books of a magical nature. It is most commonly used by initiates to the order. There are two separate staircases here leading to the fourth and fifth levels, both well guarded.
- As a strict rule, only full members of the Circle are allowed on the fourth and fifth floors. The fourth level contains magical information that any member may peruse, but the fifth has specialized and often questionable knowledge requiring the permission of a Grand Wizard of the Order.
- The sixth level is located far below the rest of the library, with no access aside from magical means. Only a Grand Wizard is allowed there, as this section contains powerful or blasphemous rituals such as how to become a Lich.
- The location and contents of the seventh level are known only to the Archwizard of the Circle of Magi. It may not be located anywhere near the city, or even on this plane of existence, and some even say that the seventh library is just a hoax.